Omaha by Design is seeking qualified candidates for a Programming and Engagement Manager in Omaha, Nebraska. The position is at-will and responsible for collaborating with the Executive Director, other team members and community partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the Executive Director, staff, community partners and volunteers to create, implement, and evaluate a full range of programming, activities, and events – each designed to be engaging, educational, and experiential.
- Design and implement programming, activities and events to engage a broad audience of city-builders, including members of the design community, policy makers, elected officials, neighborhood advocates, cross-sector leaders, and members of the public.
- Lead in coordinating subject matter experts to deliver content and programming in approachable, inclusive and original formats. Examples of programming initiatives may include the traveling “by Design” series of experiential urban-design events, as well as workshops, tours, design exhibitions, academic collaborations, presentations and more.
- Provide major event-planning and coordination of logistics in support of Omaha by Design’s annual community awards program, The Laurels Awards.
- Build strong relationships with public, private, nonprofit, and community stakeholders.
- Seek partnerships to enhance the reach and impact of programming initiatives and events.
- Assist Communications & Outreach Coordinator in implementing, maintaining and evaluating comprehensive communications strategy. Contribute to organization’s online presence, public relations, newsletter and other communications.
- Provide planning and administrative support for convenings such as Omaha by Design’s Board of Directors, Advisory and Policy Councils, including scheduling, logistics, and record keeping.
- Assist with fundraising, including support for grant applications and report content. Monitor grant finances and budgets.
- Research and analyze best practices in people-centered urban planning, design, and development. Maintain a high level of education and awareness of national and local trends, and attend meetings, conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
- Regularly evaluate program effectiveness using community input and other metrics. Track and monitor progress towards goals, and revise or adjust programming and tactics accordingly.
- Assist with recruiting and managing volunteers and consultants to support committee work and project-specific needs.
- Represent Omaha by Design at various internal and external functions.
QUALITIES YOU’LL DISPLAY:
- Commitment to and passion for working collaboratively to improve quality of life throughout the Omaha metro. Driven to build and inspire a more thriving community by convening, engaging, educating, and advocating for excellence in people centered urban design.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial. Openness to new ideas and healthy appetite for risk-taking in the introduction of unique, creative, and experimental programming concepts.
- Baseline understanding of and experience with urban planning, design and development-related issues, including emerging technologies within these fields.
- Leadership capacity: action-minded and results-orientated; resourceful and entrepreneurial; inclusive; adaptable and relationship-oriented.
- Confidence to take initiative and responsibility to deliver expected outcomes with minimal guidance on a variety of projects. A self-starter.
- Ability to translate big-picture concepts into actionable tasks. Strong attention to detail, good time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- High-level communication skills: the ability to convey and impart complex information in an easy-to-understand format, including writing, data visualization, and in-person presentation.
- Demonstrated public speaking and group facilitation skills. Ability to lead small gatherings of community stakeholders and work with others toward solving problems collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Eagerness to welcome new stakeholders and empower citizens to participate in shaping their built environment.
- An eye for design. High standards for visual quality and consistency of events, materials, and communications output on the organization’s behalf.
- Ability to work in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, and weekends if necessary.
Bachelors degree required, plus experience in team-based public or private sector role.
Skills in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Canva, WordPress, G Suite, and other online platforms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and optional portfolio of work to email@example.com.
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of materials within 24 hours.
All applications must be received by March 1, 2020 (11:59pm Central Time).
Selected candidates will be notified, and interviews scheduled soon after.
Join us in building a more vibrant, livable city for all.